Re: helmets

Kandhy wrote:

> I agree with wearing of a helmet, I just have never found one that
> didn't let enough air through as I got a severe case of heat stroke and
> just can't take the heat.

I agree. They're very hot. And more annoying, in my opinion, is that
pitiful, teensy, weensy thing that the helmet manufacturers pass off as a
visor - oh pleeeze - it's a visor only in name, it serves no purpose that I
can see.

Why haven't the helmet manufactures responded to our complaints about the
visor? (Is it because we only complain to one another and never to the folks
who make them.)

Seems to me that it wouldn't be a big deal to make the helmets with
detachable visors (Velcro on?) so larger visor could be attached.

I know you can buy Velcro-on neoprene visors but my point is that the
helmets, considering their cost, should come with a decent visor. Hrumph!

Sharon
So. California