Re: helmets

>> I agree with wearing of a helmet, I just have never found one that>>
didn't let enough air through as I got a severe case of heat stroke
>and>> just can't take the heat.

When it's hot weather I ride with a Lexington, and dip it in water before
I put it on.  Feels great running down my back.  I'm cooler with it than
without it.

 And more annoying, in my opinion, is that
>pitiful, teensy, weensy thing that the helmet manufacturers pass off >as
a>visor - oh pleeeze - it's a visor only in name, it serves no purpose
>that I>can see.>>Why haven't the helmet manufactures responded to our
complaints about >the
>visor?

What have you been using, a hunt cap?  The Troxel visor is really small,
but it velcros on.  I didn't like it coming loose and finally hot glued
mine in place.  The Lexington has a very long visor.  Good in rain, or
when the sun's low on the horizon, but gives you a sore neck when you're
riding mountains and have to tilt your head way back to see up the trail.

Can't believe adults who think they're being conciencious because they
"make their kids wear one".  Oh great, nice to know they'll be around to
take care of their 40 year old mom drooling at the nursing home.

Angie (NEVER get on a horse without one.)

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.