Fwd: Re: Re: Pacific Crest Trail

Oops, I got my hands slapped on this one!  The memo following contains my
reply and all correspondence about horse accidents on the Pacific Crest
National Scenic Trail.  Maybe Toby Horst can address this...I am always
perplexed in that whether the USFS has funding or not, most of the work is
done in the office.  I am sorry I made a remark like that now knowing how
small or non existent the trails budget is.  It is the main reason we go to
Washington DC in March to ask for funding for trail repair.  Bob Balou is
dead right! If we equestrians do not get out and lobby and make our
presence known in the big arena we can kiss our trails goodbye. I try to
make that point with the ridecampers and endurance riders -- and last year
we were pleased that Connie Berto came to DC on behalf of the AERC.
This year I have not heard any offers that were solid. Many inquiries, that
is all.

In this memo I wish to address the board of directors of AERC -- will they
set aside a budget for trail protection? Will they send a representative to
Washington DC to speak to Congress and Senate?  And meet the leaders of
the   USFS who make decisions about the trails they ride?  I await a reply.