Re: RC: Re: helmets

Sharon,

I agree about the deplorable velcro-on visors that came with my Troxel.
Mine was warped when I took it out of the box brand new!

I bought a Salamander visor several years ago from a biking store.  It's
made of stiff cordura nylon, velcros on, and came in a multitude of
colors.  It is sticks out farther and wraps around farther than the
original visor. I absolutely LOVE it.

The only time I don't wear a helmet with a visor is on extremely
mountainous rides where I find my self tilting my head back more to see
the trail above me.  I find that my neck gets sore.

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV