Re: RC: helmets

>By the way, when I did fall off and crack my ribs, I
> sure wasn't worried about my head.  I've went on trailrides
> where I'm the only one there with a helmet on....sure I get
> some strange looks.
>
> Diane & Phoenix (are they staring because I'm so handsome?)

Diane,

I've never seen a less self-conscious group of people in my life than
enduranace riders. "Function over form" is the by-word of the stoic distance
rider. I think you could strap a spaghetti pot on your head in place of a
helmet and not get much more than a sidways glance. But you're right,
"regular" trail riding folks do look at me those of us wearing helmets as
though we're part of a handicap riding program. Oh well.

Sharon
So. California