Re: Re: Now Cannons was Belesemo

> I am sure there riders out there who feel they need this height---would
> someone enlighten me as to WHY?    (Other than being very tall yourself.)

Claudia, it's nice to hear many of you sticking up for smaller horses. My
little gelding is only 14'1" (barely). I'm 5'7" and probably am too tall to
look "cute" on him ;-), but he is well-muscled - truly a wonderful horse and
he's here to stay.

Could it be that a larger horse carrying a small person will be less likely
to tire? Surely my little horse packing me around is at some
disadvantage....yes?

My vet said that as a rule of thumb a horse can comfortably carry 20% of his
weight. That would include tack. Anyone agree or disagree with this formula?

Sharon (who makes it just under the wire using the above formula!)
So. California