Re: RC: Now Cannons was Belesemo

In a message dated 1/30/00 8:51:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
MTo9831816@aol.com writes:

<< just a shy over 15 hands.....8" cannons, >>

    I wish people would quit referring to cannon measurements.  I have never
seen an 8" cannon bone on any Arab.  This measurement saying should read as
the "Cannon Area."  Since it includes the tendons & cannon bone.  Also, how
many broken cannon bones to you hear about in the sport of endurance?  Not
many I'm sure.
    I've seen large bones and small tendons measure 8" & small bones and
large tendons measure 8."  Both types of horses do well if on the right
conditioning programs and ride development programs.
    If we keep making this a major issue, we'll we see actual 8" cannon bones
on our Arabs?

Tammy Robinson
Katie Bar The Door - 3915 miles in 3 years
(with Med. Cannon Area measurement)
Would give you the inches but never wanted to measure it.  Still don't. Why?