Re: RC: Now Cannons was Belesemo

Hi Tammy
I agree (and no sour grapes, my horses have respectable cannon bones)
and have to tell you funny story. When I first was contacted by
endurance people someone asked me the size of my sale horse's cannons.
Because we had briefly been into racing I knew that race people prized
horses with short cannon bones so I naturally measured the distance
between the knee and the fetlock and was very proud of the measurement
as it was short when compared to forearm. Well needless to say what kind
of reaction I got from my buyer. Talk about feeling stupid. Then I
thought about it; if the whole sale depended on cannon bone measurement,
what was really dumb here.
And I have another one for you. This woman asked for a video of my mare
for sale. She called back to say it was the most extraordinary movement
she'd seen. The size was right (my mare was only 14.2 and she didn't
need BIG), the age was right and she was overjoyed with her movement.
She asked what size shoe she wore; well my mare has always been
barefoot, having good feet, so I told her I didn't know. Next she comes
down here to see her. She was standing in the barn aisle way. Now did
she ask to see the horse move or comment about her great conformation?
No, she asked a farrier who was there what size shoe she would wear; he
guessed a size 0 which is what 90 % of Arabs wear, particularly of her
size he said. Well she turned and walked away; she wanted a size 1 foot.
Now there is a perfect example of getting stuck on one issue and
forgetting the total picture. Thanks for your comment.
Bette
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov
http://www.stormnet.com/~woa
I've learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer it
gets to the end, the faster it goes. Smell the roses!