Re: RC: Re: Re: Stallions in endurance

----- Original Message ----- > Hi Becky
> Sounds like you breed quality athletic horses, too. My question to you >
is why would you want to breed for an endurance market where the riders >
USUALLY (not all) want the horses for less than it costs to feed them
> (even some of the very affluent ones)???  Don't you ever get tired of >
buyers who offer you a fraction of what the horse's worth is, yet will >
spend TONS on supplements, fancy equipment and riding attire, not to
> mention the best in trucks and trailors. It's almost like the getting to >
the ride is far more important than what they are riding. Am I missing >
something???

OH MY GOODNESS ! ! ! YES !!! This is my Opening to Talk and My Horses!!!!!
(ROTFL holding my belly and kicking my feet in the air!!!)

Betty, you still don't know me well enough, most people have learned not to
say things like that around me <G>

First of all, I'll catch my breath and say that I agree with your premise in
general.  I would**love** to be able to sell my horses at a reasonable price
to an endurance market.

What you are missing with me is that I am a Fanatical Purist Preservation
Breeder (they mean that in the nicest possible way <G>, and BTW, one of the
nicer terms that has been used on me <BG>) (a couple of years ago, I was
accused of being part of the Holy War ! )((on this list))

My horses are recent descendants of direct imports from the Royal Stables of
Ibn Sa'ud and Ibn Jiluwi.  My Shadow's (and most of the herd's) *Grandsire*
was born in the Nejd in the shadow of a black tent of the Wuld Sulaiman
Bedouin tribe. ((Ok - ok, I'll stop there, but you get the point))  They
meet the criteria for the designation of BLUE STAR (different than Blue
List), and there are very few of these guys around.  I have a very small
herd that I am preserving, and in the future, once everyone has been
'replaced', I will have some for sale (so you see, this is not a sales
pitch)

These guys are * incredible * athletes, and I won't even go into their other
qualities, but they are very natural endurance horses and I would love to
see mine go to homes where they will be used and appreciated.

I'm sure that I fall into your category of 'Patron of the Arts', just don't
tell the IRS.

Becky Huffman
Huffman's Arabians ~ The Original Series ~
http://www.htcomp.net/Huffman/