Re: RC: Re: Re: Stallions in endurance

Bette wrote:
Don't you ever get tired of buyers who offer you a fraction of what the horse's worth is, yet will spend TONS on supplements, fancy equipment and riding attire, not to mention the best in trucks and trailors. It's almost like the getting to the ride is far more important than what they are riding. Am I missing something???

We are on the same wave length!  Paul has been reading the emails about this topic & wrote a (very flammable) email that I censored.

However, here's the gist of what he said (and has been saying for years):  Most people who make offers of killer buyer prices to breeders of endurance horses know perfectly well what it costs to raise a horse.  One of the many reasons we had to get out of breeding was because we started to take it personally, and we started getting so upset about this that it caused us to rethink the sanity of continuing on with our program.  We may be weenies, but we are now happier weenies.

Paul thanks you for your last email - you're much more diplomatic than he is.  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609