Stallions in endurance

 Hi all,
 A few things to consider about stallions in endurance...
 Keep in mind that  if a stallion  is campaigning heavily in endurance, he's
 not at home breeding mares!
 I don't see much of a relationship between the miles a stallion has or # of
 offspring racing with his ability to sire good correct foals.

 We've all seen horses with lousy conformation that have gone literally
 thousands of miles.  So many factors involved....wt of rider, speed, and
 probably most of all, LUCK.

 For example, I am the owner of a stallion with 3500 miles and ONE racing
 offspring who has just qualified for both the 50 and 100 National
 Championship in her second endurance year.  Neither of these facts means
 diddley squat about whether your foal will win a ride in five years (see
 above reasons).

 So what does mean something?  A good strong heart with low heartrate and
 recoveries, straight legs, good slope of the shoulder, GOOD BACK, easy
going
 "go anywhere" personality, and  SMOOTH!  Look for the QUALITY of the horse
 itself and the quality of the foals.  Then look at your mare.  Does she
need
 a better back?  More of a slope in the shoulder?  Better neck?  Choose your
 stallion accordingly.  And good luck!!

 Louise Burton
 Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
 Oklahoma