Re: RC: Re: Re: Stallions in endurance

At 03:51 PM 4/21/00 -0500, Becky wrote:
Every other sport in the world breeds specific lines for their people, what is wrong with us??!?!?!?!

Amen to that.  Paul was just saying this morning that if we had only known at the beginning that so many people looking for horses for endurance don't care about anything but the surface (conformation & how they act when handled), we would have gone about this totally differently.  We would have bred for the show world & sold endurance people our culls.

Before anyone starts screaming about this, just recall how many people have talked on this list over the course of time about the unimportance of pedigree (i.e., the unimportance of the horse's ancestors), that history - how the horse is raised from day one - doesn't matter, about the many reasons it is a great idea to buy from livestock auctions (the good old "why pay more" attitude).  Very disheartening for people who have a vision of the superior endurance horse.  Whether or not that is possible is another question, but without the support of the endurance horse buyers, the answer will remain unknown.  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609