RE: Re: Re: Stallions in endurance

It sounds like you are deleting posts without really reading them
thoroughly, and reading only what you want to read into it and then
reacting.

I have no problem with people using genetic selection to breed the superior
endurance horse.  If I were to breed for endurance, I would certainly use
criteria based on stallion's performance, get;'s performance, conformation,
etc.   And if I were to buy a horse specifically for endurance, I would go
to an endurance breeder.  But I would not overlook another breeder's horses
just because their breeding material  was not used for endurance.  There are
quite a few breeders posting that they no longer breed for sales because the
money isn't there, so there is not a high percentage of Arabian breeders
breeding specifically for endurance.  What is wrong with "us" is that we
aren't spending the big bucks for our horses - and once we start spending
the big bucks, I bet we will see a big leap in narrowing the genetic pool
for endurance.  I hope that day comes for the many talented breeders out
there.

It's just the statistics published are not proving much to me since these
are progenitors of many other horses that are used for other uses besides
endurance.  I would rather work from the other end and see which stallions
are throwing winning get, rather than the stallion's ancestors, because the
genetic pool is much more generic the further back into the pedigree you go.