Re: Re: Re: Burying on the home farm

, I couldnt bear the
> watching indignity of her being dragged to the hole and put into it.  That
> was the only thing in our life together that I couldnt be with her for.

        For what it is worth---I, too, have watched my favorite horse
die--was with him every minute--and that horse (spirit) LEFT the body before
he was drug off.   I watched the light literally go out in his eye--and KNEW
what was left was NOT my horse.   So, don't feel badly about not being with
her for that trip--because she wasn't there, either.    I had to drag his
body/carcass myself---and was consoled by the fact I had actually seen the
light leave the eye.

        Claudia