Re: new comers to the sport

I'm brand new to all this, but it seems illogical and counter-productive to
award placements by time at an LD.  These are supposed to be training
rides, not races.  Award 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th... BC placements instead.  And
then have national LD standings based on that.

If care of our horses is supposed to be paramount, let's truly practice
what we preach.  And pressure to do otherwise be damned.

Cindy Eyler
Baltimore MD
AERC #M19761

eyler@mindspring.com