Re: new comers to the sport

I guess in a situtation like you described I would have to ask "where were the
ride vets."  It is the responsibility of the ride vet to make the
determination of fit to continue.  Horse can an have been pulled at the finish
line.   I agree it is the riders responsibility to take care of this horse.
But it is the ride vets responsibility to insure a level playing field and to
insure only horses that are fit to continue receive completitions.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm with one on the way
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com