British Open Championships

From: Sue Cunningham
Email: sue@snaffle.demon.co.uk

The British Open Championsips on June 19-20th 1999 are open to weveryone, and some leased horses may be available for foreign competitors (see below).

A Message from the organising committee:
A very warm welcome, bienvenue, hi, to everyone who wishes to participate in this years Summer Solstice Ride. We have spent the year really thinking about a new approach and to this end we have taken the trail back to the local people, as you may have experienced on the Continent. This in itself generates a wonderful atmosphere.

We are very excited to be able to present a NEW 100 mile / 160km loop trail. You will ride through parts of Shropshire, Herefordshire and Powys, Wales. As you ride, you will pass through mixed forests, open common land, along valleys, fording streams and the Terne River, up through a hidden pass onto high open country, through beautiful private estates and some traditional small country villages, where the village shop and garage is staying open all hours to welcome weary travellers, be they 4 legged or 4 wheeled! The sight of Ludlow 'en fete' will be a wonderful welcome home as you descend on the ancient packhorse trail to cross the Dinham Bridge, below the 900 year old castle.

You have truly rode through History and as in days of old, join us in celebration of the achievements of the Winners and honour the Horses.

For our Foreign Guests:

We offer 3 days of free stabling, food for the horse, groom and rider at the racecourse and free entry to the rides.

Points to Remember:
Horses for lease hire may be available if the organising committee is informed as soon as possible. Contact Debbie Bennett (debbie.bennet@syseca.co.uk)

All horses must be 7 years and over to compete in the 160kms / 130kms ride.

Horses will be stabled at the racecourse, therefore all vaccinations and injections must be valid and comply with racecourse regulations.

All competitors compete as individuals, there are no teams.

Please make sure of your place to ride at the Summer Solstice by making a Declaration enclosing £5.00 to reach us by April 30th 1999.

This is the British Open Championships which allows riders, whether from abroad or the British Isles, to compete for the title.

There are many, many prizes to be won for placing and Best Condition in Class 1 and 2.

SEE YOU THERE!

JUNE 19/20 1999
For more information contact:
debbie.bennett@syseca.co.uk