Re: Tevis

In a message dated 2/4/99 12:33:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
karen@chaton.gardnerville.nv.us writes:

<< Yeah but what is nice about Tevis is the volunteers!  Don't they have like
 260 of them?  >>

Yes, that's true, we don't have 260 volunteers.  There aren't 260 people in
this whole area!  It must be nice to have the help.  The last time I rode
Tevis (1986, I think), help was not an option.  The philosophy was more like
"if you need help, do it yourself".  I understand ride management has made
really wonderful changes in the past several years.  I'm impressed!

Barbara