Re: sarcoids

My 13 year old gelding had a small sarcoid on the side of his mouth, right
where the top of the chin strap might rub him.  My vet suggested using (I'm
not making this up) some stuff called "African Mud".  I put a dab of this on
for a few days (using a Q-tip -- it is really caustic) and poof the little
sarcoid was gone.  He did have a bit of a raw spot for a few days, but that
healed nicely.  Now he has a tiny spot where no hair will grow, but the
sarcoid has not come back and he has had no others.  He is, of course, a gray
Arabian.  In my very limited experience, a sarcoid is nothing whatsoever to
worry about.  If the horse you're looking at passes the vet check, I wouldn't
let the sarcoid stop me from buying her.  Good luck!

Sylvia
(P.S.  If you want more info on African Mud, E-mail me and I'll find from my
vet where you can get it).