Re: FM50

Ride management accepted 120 entries knowing that not everyone who enters
shows up.  Some cancel because of problems with their horses and some for
other reasons.  The cancellation/no show rate is pretty consistent.  The limit
that they could reasonably handle with the camp facilities, etc. was about
100.  They did not accept any waiting list because they figured that with the
no shows and cancellations, they would have just the right number of horses.
This is exactly what happened.  Two of the horses that were entered and did
not go were mine.  When I went to load my horse in the trailer, he was lame.
His buddy had kicked him during the night.  The buddy who kicked him had a
sore back.  I ended up doing P&R's at the vet check.

Ride management did a great job.  Camp was very full, but there was room for
everyone.  No big waits for vets and no waits at all for P&R.  If entries had
not been restricted it would have been a mess.

Debby Lyon