Prayers for "Delaware"

I think it might be time for prayers AND suggestions!!  Delaware won't eat.
 He will eat his hay like he is starving....I tried taking out all
medication from his feed thinking maybe he just decided he didn't like the
medicine.  This all started when he broke a blood vessel in his lung last
week (for those who don't know, he has severe Heaves (COPD))  He is losing
weight again and he CANNOT afford to loose weight.  I gave him a 2nd
Dexamethazone (sp?) shot and Vit B shot yesterday.  The vet had given him
one of each last week when she came.  His feed is "Triple Crown Senior" (12
lbs a day split up) with "Vita Plus" and 100ccs albuterol.  And he is on 14
SMZ tablets a day.  I've now been squirting medicines down his throat.

How can i make him eat his feed?  I didn't give him any hay last night and
he ate about 2/3 of his grain.  Should I just quit all hay?  I cannot make
him stay in a stall 24/7.  He goes out with his "herd" during the day.  He
loves that most of all and vet said keep him comfortable and happy and let
him do what he wants.  I did not adopt him from T.E.A.R. "just to keep him
alive"  I want him to be happy and a horse for the time he has left.  i
just wanted that time to be a little longer.....maybe this will pass  oh
how i pray it will....i got this horse for my mom and she has not be able
to come to west virginia to see him yet.  i want her to see him.....can
anyone help

Michelle Eddy
C & M Equine Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ranch/9036/