re: Probiotics

I've found Probiotics to be VERY effective and useful with a "colicy" horse or one that seems to be depressed or "off-feed".
I use the paste according to directions, and have found that generally, only 1-3 doses over a day and a half span results in "back to normal" attitude and appetite.  I've used it on 4 horses this way and the results were consistant.  I did try the in-feed variety for a month or so.   I did not see any negative effects. Also, because there was no way to quantify the positive results of the added  daily probiotic, I decided that I would use probiotics on an individual, as-needed basis.  We have a large number of horses and any supplement given to the entire herd adds-up quickly!                               kathleen

Kathleen Weickhardt and Larry L. Stewart
Sunnyland Racing Arabians
ATHLETES for TRACK, TRAIL and ARENA
870.591.6212
http://www.sunnylandarabians.com