      Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:55:45
From: Liz Newfield <lizfield@jeffnet.org>
To: "guest@endurance.net" <guest@endurance.net>, ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC:   Help, how do you keep a wrap on?

<snip>
You are on the right track with the vetwrap and duct tape combination.  I
used several layers, first two for cleanliness, second to keep it in place.
1.	Gauze pad
2.	Stretch gauze
3.	Vet wrap.  Being sure to keep it from being too tight, wrapped around
the leg and the hoof, including under the hoof.
4.	Duct tape.  Wrap around the hoof, around the toe an heel and the bottom.
  You can make it pretty thick.  My vet cautioned me to be sure that the
duct tape was not over the coronet band as he said that could cause damage
to this area.  There is a knack to it that I am sure you will develop
easily with experimentation.  These bandages stayed in place very well and
held the gauze in place over the wound.  If the duct tape started to fray
before I was ready to replace the bandage, I reinforced it without needing
to replace the whole wrap.
Good luck and I hope your horse makes a speedy and full recovery.
<snip>