Re: why join AERC? ~ TRAIL PRESERVATION and WSTF Ideas

WSTF has a successful program for Trail maintenance and improvement.  During the past
years (July 1991 through December 1998) we have raised in excess of $46,000 [and spent
in excess of $31,00 plus set aside as a reserve for for 1999] from donations from
interested individuals, proceeds from "fun rides", proceeds from excess revenue over
expenses related to The Ride, and other fund raisers.  The foregoing figure does not
include the $30,000 plus raised and restricted for the new Trail from Dusty Corners to
Last Chance on the WST, nor does it include the hundreds of thousands of dollars spent
by the Wendell and Inez Robie Foundation and Drucilla Mason Barner Foundation (neither
being part of the WSTF) since the mid 1980's.  The figures do not include the
"Adopt-The-Trail program started by WSTF on December 29, 1995 with a pledge and
donation for the "Herten" Mile.  Since the inception over $97,000 have been salted
away in the WSTF Endowment fund for future preservation of the Western States Trail.
Over 25% of the Trail has been adopted with pledges made for a payoff within five
years ...$1 per foot, with a goal of $500,000 in the endowment.

For more information on the "Adopt-The-Trail" program check our website at
http://www.foothill.net/tevis or visit our booth at the AERC convention in Reno in
February.

Larry Suddjian, Vice president
WESTERN STATES TRAIL FOUNDATION

As some say "...build it and they will come...".  We have a wonderful Trail to
generate interest, but so does the rest of this great United States.