why join AERC?

Chuck, I'm slogging thru my email but I have so many opposite opinions
than you about the value of  joining AERC.  In particular, AERC has
sponsored members to go to national trail conventions and will continue
to do so.  Is this valuable?   As a frequent conventioneer, Yes,
Definitely.   Does AERC do trail maintenance?   As a group, the logistics
are probably impractical on a national basis, but on a local level I am
sure that many riders DO just that. Personally, I do a lot of volunteer
work on trails, whacking and pruning away as best I can, and yes I do
wear identifying shirts etc. for the casual observer to know I am a
horsewoman and an endurance rider.   AERC is responsible for many, if not
most, of the innovations in tack design, rider clothing, and long
distance sport horse medicine...how on earth can you ignore that?   I
think the value of AERC as a national organization is inestimable, and I
find your observations so pessimistic, I prefer to believe you are
pulling the ol' leg a bit...Cheers   (;-),   Connie Berto (AERC Trails
Chair)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]