Re: swimming horses

Want a worst embarrassing moment/reddest face story???  My horse CAN swim but
has a hissy if I ask him to...he'll cross a river but hates this pond we often
ride to.  Everyone else's horse splashes and swims across and has a high ole
time while Jonathan snorts and backs up, etc.  He finally agreed to FOLLOW
another horse across and just before we got to the other edge, he started to
panic a little and lunge forward, not realizing he could have put his feet
down on solid bottom!!  Well, he stumbled to his knees, which lurched me
forward onto his neck, shoving his whole horsey head into the water and as he
began to come up, I began to go off... you guessed it, into the wonderful
floaties, mucky bottom, algae and all.  We play in the river now.
Maggie