Re: Good hay.

Last load I shipped to NM was 1.00mile and seems like . 30 per bale loading
fee.  As for type of hay mine is about 10-25% alfalfa, the grass is crested
wheat, orchard grass and broome.  I'm not sure about my neighbors but it is a
grass/alfalfa mix.  Mine is first cutting and in the hay barn and my neighbors
is covered with tarps.  For my prime totally weed free pure grass gets $4.
bale that is what the vet feeds his colic surgery horses.  The good hay is
priced lower because it isn't quite as perfect as the perfect hay.  For anyone
at the '97 Summer XP ride my horse was the one with the "nest" in the gorgeous
grass hay.  That was the certified weed free hay we raise, ours is truly weed
free.  A tip for youfolks is that "weed free" means that it has no noxious
weeds present in it.  As some of you have found out the rest can be all weeds
just not noxious.  Last year we didn't have the hay tested but the five years
previous the protein ran from 10 to 13% on the grass and the calcium/phos was
2/1.  It is amazing what I have learned about raising good hay in the last 25+
years.  We feed our grass and get 3 cuttings to most peoples single cutting.
Lovell