Re: Clearing trail/Liability question

-----Original Message-----
From: Cyberpony@aol.com <Cyberpony@aol.com>
To: mmieske@netonecom.net <mmieske@netonecom.net>; ridecamp@endurance.net
<ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Wednesday, January 06, 1999 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: Clearing trail

>Hate to throw cold water on these ideas.  But what about the liability
>exposure of having 4-H kids and Boy Scouts doing this kind of stuff?
>Just a thought.
>
>~Nora
>  Ocoee, FL
>I have been a 4-H leader for 12 years and my club is always looking for
community projects. We are a horse oriented club, so trail clearing would be
right up our alley. In fact, whoever brought it up gave me a great idea. As
far as liability goes, we carry our own insurance through 4-H.  Of course,
you need to take reasonable care, I wouldn't give them a chainsaw, but
there's lots of other ways to clear or clean up a trail. I'm sure boy scouts
have to carry some type of insurance too.  Kathy in N.Y.