RE: Using Carbs

No, I haven't observed any recovery problems when I wasn't
pushing for speed. And the problems that I did observe were
subtle - slightly longer to meet criteria, and pulse hanging
a little higher than expected. But this is *very* anecdotal
stuff - and I really wouldn't want anybody to take this
too seriously - it's just my experience, and the
decisions I've made because of it. I honestly can't think of
any scientific basis for this either...

Steph

  >> What about people who don't race that use carbos. You know, the folks
that trot along, get off and walk their horse for that last 200 yds
before the P&R, so the horse is generally down right away. The mid to
back half of the pack folks. Still have pulse problems?
Mia