Re: Using Carbs

>What about people who don't race that use carbos. You know, the folks
>that trot along, get off and walk their horse for that last 200 yds
>before the P&R, so the horse is generally down right away. The mid to
>back half of the pack folks. Still have pulse problems?
>Mia

Hi Mia:

I haven't noticed any problems with meeting pulse criteria...either  horse.
 I don't normally ride fast.  I usually like to go into a check and already
be at 60 or below, I like my horse to already be down so he gets to spend
his full break time actually eating, drinking and resting.  I've been in
the front, middle, and back this year - I believe my horses together
started almost 40 rides between them.  Don't remember any times that they
had slower recoveries - but then maybe I wouldn't have noticed due to so
many variables.  If I ever get over being a wimp and really let them go one
of these days I'll let you know how the recoveries go (just don't hold your
breath) <g>.

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville