Re: Powdered Aspirin Uses/paddling

In a message dated 1/8/99 2:39:08 AM Central Standard Time, rides2far@juno.com
writes:

<< Don't know about for horses, but aspirin >>
My vet had me giving my retired mare powdered asprin for her arthritis. It did
seem to help, but she got to the point where she would not eat if ANYTHING was
added to her feed.
Also, on the paddling thread, my QH does paddle with his front left in the jog
out and back and the vets always want to mark him down for that. It drives me
nuts. He does it the same wether it be the first jog out before the ride or
the last. I would think that if they see him doing it before and then the same
afterwards, they would realize this is his gait. But somebody mentioned that
their horse does it on the jog out, but not on the trail,... same here with my
horse, he is as straight as can be on the trail. Go figure.
Margi