Re: Feeding alfalfa when it is cold

I think what we are starting to see from these posts is that horses
can thrive on all kinds of different hay. Obviously there are regional
differences in quality of the various types. I think it is a stretch
to suggest that if everyone went out and fed whatever alfalfa they
could get their hands on, it would be good for ALL horses. Likewise,
those owners hooked on alfalfa would probably find their horses would
be very healthy fed good quality grass hay if they could get their
hands on it.

There's a tad more involved in getting a Tevis buckle than the variety
of hay we feed over the winter.
Mia

banjywon@net-tech.com.au