Re: Feeding alfalfa when it is cold

suendavid@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Unfortunately, California is also #1 in incidence of enteroliths, and
 the histories almost exclusively show the horses are fed high alfalfa
 diets.  It's much more rare to see enteroliths in a horse fed grass hay. >>

We feed a lot of alfalfa here, and enteroliths are virtually unheard
of--again, there is a lot of difference in alfalfa, and most of the hay
growers here know enough to try to market the "right" hay to the horse people,
and send that bright green rabbit food out to the dairies....  Have seen some
of that California stuff--eeuuuuwwwww, about like me living on triple
chocolate sundaes!  I'd sure die happy...

Heidi