Non-horsey Q

Somebody recently posted info on aspartame and what appears to be an epidemic
of a disease that mimics multiple sclerosis that has a primary characteristic
of myelin degeneration.

I've encountered several cases like this, including my sister-in-law, and it's
very nasty and seemingly never-ending--but none of these cases has anything to
do with aspartame or any other artificial sweetener.

In my sister-in-law's case, corticosteroids lessen the symptoms, but the
doctors haven't the foggiest idea about the cause--except that they're
considering some kind of virus.

Does anybody know more about this?

ti