Re: LD organization

    Karen,
         I appreciate your thoughts re: LD.
         It's not how many miles you ride, it's how you ride the many miles.
         A horse who has accumulated 1000 miles of LD and a horse who
accumulated 1000 miles of 50's, 100's or multi-days have gone, (correct me if
I'm wrong here) A THOUSAND MILES.
         If this were about the horses, I guess we could all sit back and READ
THEIR POSTS.  (That would be, I feel, truly illuminating.)
        I've know how the AERC is about "Endurance".
        I agree, in theory.
        ENDURANCE:  1) Power or habit of enduring
                                2) ability to withstand prolonged strain
        (Not my definition, The Oxford Dictionary, 1998 Edition)
        That said, "endurance" can have as many definitions as there are horse
and rider partnerships awaiting the "opening of the trail".
        "Enduring" for all people arrives at different junctures during a
ride, hell, for some it's just loading the trailer to hit the road one more
time.
        Good luck, trail's open.
         And I will yield trail whenever you want it...

          Frank.