Re: great debates

Samm C Bartee wrote:

> and as to the having the LD ride on Sun. I couldnt do that if I wanted to.
> I have to get up and get home to tend to stuff that I didn't get to do on
> Sat. Plus, as a ride manager, that takes a whole bunch of new volunteers
> and paying the vet for another day, etc.

There seems to be some confusion here.  I made a comment earlier about
"fun rides" being held on a day different than the regular endurance
ride and LD ride.    I never suggested that LD rides should be held on a
different day.  My point was that having UNSANCTIONED rides (such as
"fun rides") on a day different than the sanctioned rides, would put
AERC at less liablity risk.  Under AERC rules, LD rides HAVE to be held
in conjunction with a regular endurance ride.

Terry Woolley Howe

P.S.  For the fun rides, you wouldn't have to pay the vets for a second
day, because they don't see a vet (which is my point).