Re: great debates

Samm,

I don't think anyone said have the LD on Sunday - Terry said have any
"fun" rides on Sunday.  I am opposed to this - I think its good to have
them with the AERC events.  But what I really don't want to see is 10 to
15 mile events made into LD rides. I really think that could cause a lot
of problems and the problem it solves (un-controlled shorter races at AERC
events) is non-existant. If insurance is a problem then pass a rule that
separate insurance must be obtained for these events, don't make them into
LD rides.  The TERA LD personal goal policy sounds like a reasonable way to
go for ride managers who want to make sure they are covered under AERC
insurance and still offer a "fun ride" alternative - No by-laws need to be
changed to do this either.

Teresa