Re: great debates

> There seems to be some confusion here.  I made a comment earlier about
> "fun rides" being held on a day different than the regular endurance
> ride and LD ride.    I never suggested that LD rides should be held on a
> different day.  My point was that having UNSANCTIONED rides (such as
> "fun rides") on a day different than the sanctioned rides, would put
> AERC at less liablity risk.  Under AERC rules, LD rides HAVE to be held
> in conjunction with a regular endurance ride.

Hi Terry!!  I realized that you didn't mean for LD rides to be on the same
day.  Someone pointed out about having CTR's on Sun.  That's what I was
talking about.    While I would like to try one, there is little way I
could manage to do both, unless I really planned for it.  When I do LD,
like I am having to right now, I will enter the LD, not any fun ride.
However here in the  SE, when we have a fun ride, it's with the  full chit
of vet checks.  I have been asked why anyone would come and ride a 15 mile
loop for fun  and  pay the (nearly) full amount if they don't get a vet
check and nearly the same treatment as the other distance.  I  guess I can
see their point. Fun  riders here get a pre-ride check and  they get a
post ride check.  We do have some who opt to go back out and  do the
second loop, thus getting in house (at ride only) credit for the 25, and
actually learning what it feels like. I can think of about 8 folks that I
know who started out this way and are now productive members of
AERC/regional groups.

I wasn't putting any personal slant on anything I stated.  Merely pointing
out variances in club dues, etc.

thanks for your reply!!

Samm Bartee