Re: 1999 Rule Change Proposal

I don't agree that most of the LD riders are local and therefore all problems
would be solved by having the LD rides on Sunday. As you can see in the EN
results, many more riders are in the LD portion of an event than in the 50 or
100 (usually in SE). Many of these riders come from far away, just like the
longer riders. I feel that LD should be sanctioned, even if the riders were
not charged the extra non member fee. I'm not sure how I feel about the non
member fee. I have been a member for all the years I have competed, but LD
should be a place for people to start. Our membership fee is relatively high,
and the ride fee is relatively high, so I'm not sure about how the non member
fee on LD rides would effect participation by new people. It would not effect
me personally either way, but remember: New people to this sport is what will
keep it alive and available for generations to come. Without new people, it
will die with us.

Leigh Preddy SE