Re: face masks

I've been using the fly masks by Absorbine.  The original ones I bought
were a fine mesh material and have worked well, however, they have been
torn by brush.  I just bought some new ones (catalog) and they are the
same design but much sturdier material.  Should go through brush much
better.  However, my horse tossed his head the other day and it entered
my mind about how bad it would be if a fly got up inside the mask.  To
date, I haven't had that happen but can see how it might be possible.
We don't see many people around here using the masks but I feel better
about not having to put fly repellents on their faces and ears.

Also, I have bought some that just go over the face and ears, and others
that go over face, ears and neck.  The ones that go over the neck seem
to be too hot plus you cannot grap a mane when you need to.

Amber