face masks

Has anyone ever had a fly get trapped on the under side of those horse face
masks? I put them on the horses for hauling in a stock trailer, but note
that they are sealed all around the nose. Easy for a fly, bee, whatever to
crawl up inside. I think that would drive a horse crazy. Literally! Any
other problems with the masks? I'm referring to the ones that Farnam makes.

Pat