Carbo loading

>planning on doing 2 days w/day of rest between.)  What dosage would be best
>for hot weather and would it be any different for cold weather? I'd like to
>get all the info I can, good & bad, before I make a decision.

Hi Christina:

This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't use it on a horse for the first
time at an actual endurance ride.  At least test it out a time or two on
training or pleasure rides to make sure your horse has no reaction to it.
I am the type of person though, I must admit, that you can't get to try
anything new at a ride....I always must use it ahead of time to make sure
it's okay.  So far, between two horses and around 1,000 miles on the carbo
stuff, neither has ever showed any types of side effects from it...though I
have learned that it affects each horse differently, and I've also learned
that I can dose one before he eats, and the other one must be done after he
has already eaten.  Good luck!

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville
& Dream Weaver, who got to be a lesson horse today :-)
& Rocky...it'll be awhile before he gets pre-loaded with carbos again!
http://www.greatbasin.net/~sportssaddle/