Re: blanketing

>Wondering if many riders blanket and use lights on their horses in the
>winter to keep them from hairing up so much.  I've just started in the
>sport, but I know this last winter, my horse grew a full coat, and it
>was quite a pain riding hard this way

I had one horse who grew a rediculously long shaggy "pony coat".  I
learned to wait until about 1/2 of it was there (Late Sept. here) and
then clip him.  The amount he grew back was still a little more than the
other horses had, but managable.  Before that, you couldn't even brush
all the mud clumps out of his coat to work him!

Angie

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]