Re: blanketing

Hi Shannon -

I too am in the southwest (AZ) & do blanket in the winter no lights.  My
stabling situation is shade with runs (as opposed to enclosed barn) so
there is no protection from wind.

I find the blanketing helps keep the coat down  pretty well (not as well
as if you used lights) & have not had a problem conditiioning.  I would,
however, trace clip if I felt there was too much hair for ride
conditions.

Hope this is of some help.

Lori Chandler
AZ