re:need help

you write:
>First...my older (17) gelding is starting to refuse to eat while
>camping...not much grain....less hay than usual too.
The probiotics are supposed to help.  Sure worked on Kaboot during the
ride.

>He
>gets added corn oil, Fastrack, and Milk Plus....but nothing works if I
>can't get it into him!

This is one of the reasons I continue to feed soaked beet pulp mixed with
the grain ration to my
two endurance horses year 'round.  They both turn their noses to grain
with corn oil unless the beet
pulp is there to soak up the oil.  It takes a little more time to mix
feed this way but the 'goodies'
really don't do any good if they don't get inside the horse.  Also, l
have seen others add corn oil to
feed at a competition.  Why bother at that time?  I think Susan G. or
someone else addressed this
but I think that it is digested slowly, anyway.  The benefit of the oil
is building fat stores that, once used,  do not replenish themselves in
one or two feedings....

Dave Bennett
Chickamauga, Georgia
email:   benamil@juno.com