Re: Just curious/survival skills (Was: search & rescue/kicking incident)

K S Swigart wrote:
> kick?  As I can't for the life of me figure out why she didn't just ride
> her horse back to the barn.  RIding with a broken leg is not what one
> normally elects to do, but getting off to find out what the problem is
> with the understanding that this may leave you stranded out away from
> assistance for a long time is not what I would consider a better choice.

As someone who has actually done this :( I really wouldn't recommend it
if you can get a vehicle to you, as she did....the jostling by being
horseback, besides being extremely painful, can move the bones further
out of whack <or so I was told by the dr>  also causes amazing
technicolor dizziness <G> If you are on a horse that is the least bit
hyped, the movement will do you in....

I was unhorsed....I did a rather inelegant swan dive....getting back on
with a broken leg was the kicker...I couldn't have done it without a guy
there to literally *put* me on, and then ponied me back home.  It was
easily the longest 2 miles of my life!  I won't mention the words I said
when he smashed my leg between the 2 horses......

tracy