From: Field, Shannon <Shannon.Field@alliedsignal.com>
To: 'ridecamp' <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Monday, May 11, 1998 10:19 AM
Subject: saddles

>Anyone out there have luck with using an Aussie saddle?  I've been
>getting some info on the Syd Hill line and am very interested,
>considering the Australians have worked years to build saddles that will
>endure days in the outback without soring the horse or rider. I know
>there are lighter weight ones available.   Also, I met someone recently
>who uses a dressage saddle on her rides.  I love the feel of dressage
>saddles because of the deeper seat and knee pads, but have only ridden
>them in an arena situation -- not hours on the trail.  I also don't know
>how they'd be for weight distribution on the horse's back.
>
>Incidentally, I'd like to add that I'm a new subscriber to this
>newsgroup and have already gotten a lot of great information from many
>of you.  I was disappointed, however, in the postings of recent days
>discussing in detail and disputing the bloodlines of Arabians.  I have a
>gorgeous Arab with tremendous heart who I love dearly.  I've preferred
>Arabs all of my life, but my riding partner has an extremely fit
>Missouri Fox Trotter who can go for miles without so much as breaking a
>sweat not to mention being very comfortable for her rider.  She's one of
>the neatest horses I've come in contact with.  I don't think the intent
>of this group is to dispute bloodlines.  I like practical info I can
>use.  Let me know if I'm way off base here.

BEGIN:VCARD
N:PLACE;AUSSIE
FN:AUSSIE PLACE
ORG:SHILOH Australian Saddles
TITLE:owner
TEL;WORK;VOICE:425-788-4880
TEL;WORK;FAX:425-788-7361
ADR;WORK:;;14128 292nd Ave. NE;Duvall;WA;98019
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:14128 292nd Ave. NE=0D=0ADuvall, WA 98019
URL:http://www.aa.net/AUSSIEPLACE/
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:aussie@aa.net
END:VCARD