Re: prompting, crews, etc.

Hey guys!!

It seems to me that if you call riders crews helping them, or telling them
information while they are going down the trail as illegal, then most all
the riders I have ever had the pleasure of riding with are competing at
illegal levels.  What about all the "great" crews out there?  If I ride
crewless, then I am at a disadvantage right?  Over someone with an awesome
crew, or even someone with an ok crew.  Where do you draw the line?
I have been told as I was leaving the vet check that I am 5 minutes behind
the horse ahead of me and there are two leaving five minutes behind
me....isn't that prompting?  by the definations that I have seen posted
recently?   I am not flaming, not asking for a flame, merely brining in
some info here.  There can be no 100% level playing field. If so, then we
would all need a Rio or a Cash and a Becky or a Val to condition for us
right?
We are all doing what we can.  If that means that rider A has the money to
have a great crew and all the great radio stuff, then fine.  I will just
have to condition harder!  I can beat them at their game sometimes,
sometimes not!!  Just depends on if I do my homework and have a good horse
and a good day....

I don't agree with having a horse to prompt another horse, but I have been
on a road with someone's crew behind me for the lights and such, and no
one saw anything wrong with that.  There were no other horses there. I
have walked with riders out on trail because they were scared and it was
dark, and I didn't mind walking.  the horse sure didn't walk any faster
because I was there, and the rider was a lot happier!

I just do not see that having a crew tell you whre you are on the trail as
something that is illegal.  it is all a matter of what resources you have
available to you.

take care

samm--team coujur