Re: LD - CRT - NATRC - ETC

>Yes, you are being extreme, but when I vetted in Germany, I saw Friesans,
>Warmbloods, Norwegian Fjord horses, various draft crosses, you-name-it, and
>while many were not "competitive," they completed just fine.  Never saw such
>an array of breeds and types at an American ride as I saw there!  Properly
>conditioned and ridden conservatively, there are very few sound, healthy
>horses that cannot at least COMPLETE 50's.

Germany tends to have a much cooler climate than many areas of the US, the
Southeast and gulf coast come to mind.  The Arab seems to have the ability
to handle these conditions of heat and humity much better than other
breeds. There have been several CTR's in FL where the weather turned brutal
and there were crashes in non arabs.  So I would agree that most any well
conformed, healthy horse can be conditioned to compete a 50 - given the
weather conditions are not excessively hot and humid to allow adaquate
cooling of horses with large muscle mass.

Truman

Truman Prevatt
Mystic "The Horse form Hell" Storm
Little Stormy - getting ready for her first ride in six years
The Rockman, a.k.a Misty Jr.
Jordy, a.k.a. Bridger - Finaly getting his shot

Sarasota, FL