Re: Easyboots and foam

What is the foam part that is
> mentioned?  I also saw a strap advertised that is supposed to help hold
> them on -- is this an item that is worthwhile?

The foam helps secure the boot to the hoof whether the horse is shod or
not.
The strap is essential, in my opinion. I had a boot come flying off
during a competition and thankfully it was strapped to the horse's
ankle, I jumped off and put the boot back on.

  I've heard
> comments about cutting the backs down so that they don't rub

Yes, the backs need to be trimmed.

-- does this
> compromise the ability to keep the boot on?

No.

If you have a boot that is
> purchased as an emergency replacement for a lost shoe, how do I fit it
> correctly when my critters always have shoes on?

I have found that the same boot will fit the same hoof with or
without shoes. My horse wears a #1 (boot)in front and a 0 (boot) in
back. I only carry a front boot in competition, but keep the back
foot size in my vet check box, with my name on everything.

> Has anybody used the boots that are designed to use WITH shoes and have
> some method of securing them that requires a tool?  Could they be used
> WITHOUT shoes?

I have competed with easyboots on all four barefoot feet successfully. I
also train miles and miles with easyboots on barefoot feet. I have had
my boots since 1989 and their still going strong.

The best people to talk to is Roger or Garrett Ford, 1-800-447-8836,
They make and sell easyboots.

Hope this has been helpful.
Penny (NM)